Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Status Quo

I wish I had more exciting news to post, but alas I do not. Today was my 39 week appointment and I found out nothing has changed from last week. The baby appears to be very comfortable exactly where he/she. If nothing happens in the next week, I will waddle my way back to the doctor for an ultrasound. They are going to check to make sure the baby is still thriving and getting the nutrients he/she needs and from there we make a decision on whether to induce or not. My doc said that if everything looks good in the womb and I haven't made any progress then he would be hesitant to induce since that may mean a very long labor that goes nowhere and ends in a c-section. So for now we wait and see what happens. Hopefully, this little peanut of mine will decide on it's own in the next week that he/she ready for its big debut!

Sorry for the self portrait, but Mark is working late and I may very well be sleeping before he gets home to take a picture.

3 comments:

  1. Princess, just hang in our little peanut will come when he or she is ready. Just not ready to share YOU with the rest of world yet. Just like his/her Mommy took longer to come out, late she was! but look what a great baby she is!
    Love
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predict that the baby is simply smart enough to know that July 23 is the best birthday ever and wants to share with me. Tomorrow it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, it's almost time!!! I'm so excited! who's going to do the calling?
    Domenick and I want to be at the hospital when it's time!!! 772-260-3615

    ReplyDelete